11.3.08

Become very conscious of what you bring


Backpacking around Australia, you become very conscious of what you bring and what you carry it in. Here are my two steady cruisers. On the left is a bag that I made for toothbrush, soap, shampoo etc. It's made from two cargo pockets sewn together, with a velcro top and a nylon strap that i found. On the right is a shoulder bag that I picked up at a thrift store after arriving in Sydney. I found that I couldn't get along without my ever present messenger style bag, so I had to find a replacement, this one was cheap and works great. It carries the essentials (for me at least) Camera, water, laptop, pens and pencils, sketchbook, and whatever bits and pieces settle towards the bottom.
My larger backpack now fits into these compartments called 'hard bags' like saddle bags, but hard. It's my first time using these, but they are extremely handy, stuff-able, lockable, and waterproof.
From Jon

No comments: