4.3.08

Broken suitcase


I think this suitcase is about 6 years old. my dad got it at a discount cause he'd bought another suitcase on one of those special offer days at a store in kuala lumpur. i've had it ever since, he figured it was more my color and gave it to me. anyway, i've loved this bag for 6 years mostly bacause the expandable zipper thing it has so that i don't have to worry about sitting on it to get it to shut after packing. after i got back home this time, and actually got out of the airport, i found out that someone had broken into it at one of the airports. in a way its god that i didn't realize sooner at the airport, i would have gotten so paranoid thinking that someone was trying to smuggle something in it, maybe i watch the news too much. i guess whoever broke in realized that there was nothing much worth stealing, ironically all that went missing was a leaflet that i really wanted to keep from my last workshop, a few cds, and my deodorant. i thought it was awfully tragic but hilarious at the same time, cause someone realized that they needed deodorant!. i can't decide if i should move on from this suitcase or get a new one altogether. but new ones are just like getting an underwear that doesn't fit for me. i don't know how to explain it i guess i want something that's almost like an extension of my fingers like a cigarette, a paining knife or something comforting that's always there but something you don't notice.
By Mariyam

No comments: